Many thanks to all of you who made the Sustainable Landscape Summit a great success!
Below are the powerpoint presentations from the event.
Silicon Valley Sustainable Landscape Summit
Monday, March 24, 2014
9:00am – 1:00pm
William J. Walker Recreation Center, 650 Shell Blvd., Foster City
Free admission and lunch, but participants must RSVP (space is limited)
Download a flyer here
Followed by the Silicon Valley Water Conservation Awards
1:00pm – 2:00pm
Water is one of our most critical, life-sustaining natural resources, and is key to the health and economic vitality of our region and the environment. Today, population growth and climate change are threatening our precious water supply. Without action now, we could soon face serious threats to our quality of life in Silicon Valley and the Bay Area. The Sustainable Landscape Summit will educate and inspire participants to initiate programs and practices that use water more wisely by connecting them with tools and resources to adapt to a changing world.
· Keynote address by John Laird, CA Secretary of Natural Resources.
· Performance by political satirist, Will Durst.
· Case studies featuring experts sharing what works and lessons learned.
· Resources to help participants discover tools and services to help save water and money.
· Vendor Expo showcasing state-of-the-art technologies and enabling attendees to connect with product and service providers.
· Optional landscape tour of Ryan Park in Foster City.
· Stanford University: Landscape irrigation pilot studies – ET irrigation, smart technology, Best Management Practices - synergy improves efficiency. The results... Presenter: Marty Laporte.
· City of Foster City: How budget-based water rates have dramatically reduced irrigation water use. Presenter: Steve Toler.
· Adobe Systems: How one business reduced its landscape irrigation water by 86%. Presenter: George Denise.
· Rana Creek Design: Climate-appropriate native plant landscaping that saves water while providing wildlife habitat. Presenter: Paul Kephart.
Tools & Resources
· Rebates and other support for landscape irrigation efficiency.
· Programs for educating and motivating landscape managers.
· Information from product and service providers.
· Meet product and service providers.
· Observe hands-on product demonstrations.
· Public agencies and utilities
· Businesses and property managers
· Homeowners associations
· Park managers and public works directors
· Landscape contractors
· Product and service providers
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here for details.